Intro: Ajit Kumar Doval is a retired IPS officer. Many such IPS officers retired after rendering their full services, but Ajit Sir’s name is still at the forefront of India’s security issues, the reason for this being his prime national security advisor. He played a leading role in India’s security issues several times in his career, he has also played an important role in the surgical strike in the past and the airstrike proceedings of the Indian Air Force on the recent Pak terrorists. We have provided complete information about Ajit Sir’s life and his career so that people can understand him and his role in Indian security very well.
Birth and Early Life Information
Ajit Sir was born in the year 1945. He was born in a Garhwal family at a place called Pauri Garhwal in Uttarakhand. He completed his early education from the Military School of Ajmer and then after that, he did his MA in Economics from Agra University and took a postgraduate degree and then started preparing for IPS. Ajit Sir got selected for IPS in 1968 on the strength of his hard work. He got his first appointment in Kerala cadre and this started his career.
Real Name: Ajit Kumar Doval
Nickname: Ajit Doval
Profession/Occupation: IPS officer, Civil Servant
Physical Stats and Others:
Height: 163 cm or 1.63 m
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Personal Life/Family Life:
Date of Birth: 20 January 1945
Age (as in 2020): 74 years (Till Feb 2020)
Birth Place: Pauri, Garhwal, Uttarakhand
Zodiac sign/Sun sign:
Caste: Garhwal, Brahman
Hometown: Ajmer, Rajasthan
School: Rashtriya Military School, Ajmer Agra
College: Agra University, Uttar Pradesh, India
Educational Qualifications: Masters in Economics
Father Name: Gunanand Doval
Wife’s Name: Anu Doval
Permanent Address: New Delhi, India
Hobbies: Not known
Salary: 1 Lakh & 62 Thousand
Favorite Sport: Cricket
Marital Status: Married
Children: Shaurya Doval & Vivek Doval
- Kirti Chakra
- Police Medal
- President’s Police Medal
Some Known Facts About
- Ajit Doval took up his initial command in Kerala cadre in 1968. During this time, he was actively involved in the anti-insurgency movement in Punjab and Mizoram. Ajit Sir in Mizoram weakened the Mizo National Front and established peace there.
- After this, Ajit Sir was one of the 3 officers who spoke on behalf of the country on the issue of the abduction of passengers in IC-814 in Kandahar in 1999. Apart from this, Ajit Sir has experience of being involved in all 15 hijackings that took place from 1971 to 1999.
- Ajit Sir has experience of heading the operations wing of IB for more than a decade. Apart from this, Ajit Sir is also the Founder President of the Multi-Agency Center (MAC) and Joint Task Force on Intelligence.
- Ajit Sir has also received training through India’s third National Security Advisor MK Narayanan for anti-terror operations.
- Ajit Sir’s role was important even during the Rescue of the Romans in Punjab, before Operation Black Thunder in 1988, he entered the Golden Temple and collected important information.
- Ajit Sir spent a very long time with the Mizo National Army inside the border of Burma and China. His performance was memorable even during the revolt of the Mizo National Front.
- Ajit Doval spent a very long time changing his religion in Pakistan for about 7 years, during which he also collected much important information for Indian security agencies.
- Ajit Sir retired in the year of January in the year 2005 as Director of Intelligence Bureau. After this, in the year 2019, he became the founding president of the Vivekananda International Foundation.
- From 2009 to 2011, he contributed to the editing of the report titled “Indian Black Money Abroad in Secret Bank and Tax Haven” and he became an important part of this BJP campaign.
- In the year 2014, an important mode of the career of Ajit Sir came and he was appointed as India’s fifth National Security Advisor.
- In 2014, Ajit Sir played a key role in the release of 46 Indian nurses who were trapped in Iraq and whose families had lost their contact with them. For this, he went to Iraq and worked on a secret mission.
- Ajit Sir along with the army chief had also played an important role in the campaign against the terrorists operating outside Myanmar, the campaign proved to be a successful operation, stacking 50 terrorists.
- Ajit Doval is also credited with making changes in Indian security policies regarding Pakistan. Ajit Sir Role in the surgical strike in 2016 is also considered important, it is said that with these plans, India has succeeded in achieving its goal.
- In the year 2018, he has also been appointed President of Strategic Policy Group. Apart from this, the recent Pulwama terror attack
- In response to this, Ajit Sir Role is also being said to be important in the retaliatory action taken by the Indian Air Force. And after this, he has taken the command along with the Chiefs of Army in the responsibility of keeping the army of India ready for the action to be taken from Pakistan.
Goggle Search & https://en.wikipedia.org