Quick View →
Bio/wiki:- Alka Lamba
- Full Name: Alka Lamba
- Date of birth: 21 September 1975
- Birthplace: New Delhi
- Party Name: Indian National Congress (At Present)
- Salary: Rs 6.24 lakhs per month (in 2019)
- Religion: Hinduism
- Caste: Jaat
Physical Stats and More
- Height – 160 cm (in inches of feet – 5 ″ 3 ()
- Weight – 70 kg (in pounds – 154 pounds)
- Eye color – black
- Hair Color – Black
- Father’s name: Amar Nath Lamba
- Mother’s name: Raj Kumari Lamba
- Husband’s Name: Lokesh Kapoor (Divorced)
- Children: Son – Hrithik Lamba, Daughter – None
School : –
- Government Girls Senior Secondary School No.1, Delhi, India
College : –
- Dayal Singh College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
- Bundelkhand University, Uttar Pradesh
Qualification : –
- B.Sc, M.Sc in Chemistry, M.Ed., Master of Education
Assets / Property
- Cash: 80,000 thousand INR
- Bank Deposit: Rs 22 Lakh
- Residential buildings: buildings worth Rs 2 crore
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ALKA LAMBA
Alka Lamba is always standing by for equality and human rights issues. She is spoken around the world. Lamba ran the NGO ‘Go India Foundation’. In 2010 for a blood donation campaign that got 65,000 people to donate blood. The campaign was supported by Bollywood celebrities Salman Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, and Dia Mirza.
Political Profile of Alka Lamba / Political Journey:
1994 – At the age of 19, she joined the National Students Union of India (NSUI) as the girl convener of the Delhi state.
1995 – She won the Delhi University Students’ Union (DUSU) election for the presidency.
1996 – She worked as an All India Girl Convenor for NSUI.
1997 – She was appointed as the President of All India NSUI.
2002 – Alka Lamba was appointed as the General Secretary of the All India Mahila Congress.
- She became a member of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) and was appointed as General Secretary of Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC).
- She was also appointed as the Vice President of the National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), an autonomous body of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
She served as Secretary of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in the Indian National Congress.
2014 – She left the Indian National Congress and joined the Aam Aadmi Party.
2015 – She won the Delhi Legislative Assembly election from Chandni Chowk constituency.
2019 – On September 6, after several months of bitterness with the AAP, she left the party with a tweet stating that “it was time to say goodbye.”
2020 – She contested the 2020 Delhi Assembly elections from Chandni Chowk seat on Congress ticket and lost to AAP’s Pardal Singh Singhani.
When she was elected MLA for Chandni Chowk, constituency after a few months of that in August 2015, Lamba was charged with vandalism and destruction of property in an incident that took place within his own constituency. On 10 August 2015, a liquor shop located in the Kashmiri Gate area of Old Delhi was attacked and vandalized by a mob full of lathis, swords sticks, and cricket bats. CCTV footage recorded that Lamba led the attack and ransacked the shop along with his supporters.
The footage shows him reaching straight for the shop counter and violently pushing and spitting and throwing objects at the counter. Subsequently, his supporters also ransacked the shop. According to the news, this happened because the shopkeeper was a BJP supporter and had objected to the AAP by removing the windows of his shop from the poster and removing Lamba and its part.
Do You Know ?
Alka Lamba’s lover’s name is Ashish Khaitan (rumor)
For news update: Click here
Alka Lamba Wikipedia : Click here
Alka Lamba Twitter Profile: Click here Google Search: Click here
Thank you, visitors, to give your precious time for reading this article, we hope you like the post if you like then, share with your friends and relatives
If you want a biography on any personality, comment us on the comment box ……
Daily visit the website for getting more updates