Quick View →
Bio – Ashok Chavan
- Full Name – Ashok Shankarrao Chavan
- Age – 61 years
- Profession – Indian Politician (Indian National Congress)
- Date of Birth – 28 October 1958
- Born at – Mumbai, India
- Nationality – Indian
- Zodiac Sign – Scorpio
- Graduation – Science – Hazarimal Jomani College.
- Masters – Masters in Business Management – College – B.Y.K. College of Commerce.
- Father – Shankarrao Chavan (Former Chief Minister of Maharashtra)
- Mother – Kusumbai Shankarrao Chavan
- Wife – Ameeta Ashok Chavan (Member of Legislative Assembly, Bhokar Constituency in Nanded – 2014 – 2019)
- Daughter – Srijaya Chavan and Sujaya Chavan
- Sister – Priyalata Patil
- Brother- in – law – Bhaskarrao Bapurao Khatgaonkar Patil (Member of Legislative Assembly, 3 times and Member of Parliament, 3 times)
- Permanent address: 1-2-163, Anand Nilayam, Shivaji Nagar, District Nanded- 431602, Maharashtra.
- Present address: 4, South Avenue Lane, New Delhi-110011
Political Career/ Politics life of Ashok Chavan
Ashok Chavan is one of the famous political leaders and a strong face of the Indian National Congress. He is the current PWD (Public Works Department) Minister of Maharashtra. He was the General Secretary of Congress committee in Maharashtra from 1995 to 1999. He also served the Country as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra from December 2008 to November 2010 and Minister for Transport, Ports, Cultural Affairs, Industries, Mines, and Protocol in Vilasrao Deshmukh Government.
Current status –
Minister of Public Works Department (Excluding Public Undertakings), Constituency – Bhokar, Govt. Of Maharashtra, Chief Minister – Uddhav Thackeray
From December 2008 to November 2010, Ashok Chavan was the 16th Chief Minister of Maharashtra, preceded by Vilasrao Deshmukh and succeeded by Prithviraj Chavan.
Member of Parliament, 2014 – 2019, Constituency – Nanded and from 1987 – 1989 in his father’s (Shankarrao Chavan’s) Govt., Constituency – Nanded, Govt. Of Maharashtra.
Minister of Industries, Protocol, Mines, and Cultural Affairs from November 2004 to February 2009, Constituency – Mudkhed, Govt. Of Maharashtra.
Minister of Revenue – October 1999 – October 2004, Constituency – Mudkhed, Govt. Of Maharashtra.
President – Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee from 2015 – 2019
Shankarrao Chavan and Ashok Chavan is the first Father-son, who created the state’s history as both being the Chief Minister of the State.
Chavan said that –
” it’s a new beginning and he would contribute to the growth of the party and would work in the interest of the state”.
Chavan was the second time elected Chief Minister of Maharashtra in 2009 but in 2010, he had resigned because of the allegations of involvement in ‘Adarsh housing scam’. He was restored politically as he was given the party ticket in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and he won from the Nanded constituency also that was one of the 2 seats won by Congress. Chavan handled the task of strengthening the party which was in very bad condition after losing Lok Sabha and assembly elections.
In 2019 Lok sabha elections, the congress party could only win 1 seat and he resigned as the Chief of Maharashtra Congress Committee, thereafter he returned to the assembly after winning from Bhokar constituency.
To win the neighboring Hingoli constituency, Ashok Chavan also helped Rajiv Satav.
Ashok Chavan in News:
Maharashtra PWD Minister tests positive for coronavirus. He is the second minister of Uddhav Govt. to test positive, 1st being housing minister, Jitendra Awhad.
Ashok Chavan Twitter Profile: Click here
Ashok Chavan Wikipedia: Click here
Thank you, readers, to give your precious time for reading this article, we hope you understand about the Ashok Chavan life’s and inspire from his profile
If you like the post then, share with your friends and relatives
If you want a biography on any personality, comment us on the comment box ……
Daily visit the website for getting more updates