Quick View →
Bio :- Rahul Gandhi
- Age: 49 years
- Nickname : Raga
- Profession : Politician
- Caste : Kashmiri Brahmin
Physical stats and more
- Height in centimeters (approx) : 170 cm
- Feet Inches – 5 ‘7’
- Weight in kg (approx) : 70 kg
- Eye color dark brown
- Hair color dark brown
- Date of Birth: 19 June 1970
- Age (in 2020) : 50 years
- Birthplace: New Delhi, India
- Zodiac sign: Gemini
- Nationality: Indian
- Hometown: New Delhi, India (Ancestral origin – Louisiana, Italy)
- Religion: Hinduism
- Blood type: B (-ve)
- Marital Status: Single
- St. Columba School, Delhi, India
- The Doon School, The Mall Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
College / University
- St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, India
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, US
- Trinity College, Cambridge, England
- Bachelor of Arts from Rollins College, Florida, United States
- M.Phil from Trinity College, Cambridge, England
Girls & affairs
- Veronique Cartelli of Venezuela (a Spanish architect)
- Noal Zaheer (Afghan princess)
Rahul Gandhi had a love affair with Noal Zaheer.
- Wife: N / A
- Father: Rajiv Gandhi (Former Indian Prime Minister)
- Mother: Sonia Gandhi (Former UPA President)
- Brother: None
- Sister: Priyanka Gandhi
- Brother-in-law: Robert Vadra (Businessman)
- Uncle: Late Sanjay Gandhi (Politician)
- Aunt: Maneka Gandhi (Politician)
- Cousin: Varun Gandhi (Politician)
Biggest rival of Rahul Gandhi:- Narendra Modi ( Present India’s Prime Minister )
Some facts about Rahul Gandhi :
Rahul Gandhi – The fourth generation of the Nehru-Gandhi family in Indian politician.
He is currently the President of the Indian National Congress.
Rahul Gandhi also holds the post of President of National Students Union of India.
And the Indian Youth Congress. before this, He was the General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee. He is the MP representing the constituency of Amethi in the Lok Sabha.
He currently ranks second as a member of the Congress Working Committee.
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru (His great-grandfather), was the first Prime Minister of independent India. Her grandmother, Indira Gandhi, was the first and only female Prime Minister of India.
She was a very influential and powerful woman. His father, Rajiv Gandhi, was the president of the Congress and also served as Prime Minister. His mother Sonia Gandhi is the President of the Indian National Congress currently.
Rahul Gandhi is considered the new and young face of the party.
Rahul Gandhi in Politics / Political journey :
Political party: Indian National Congress (INC)
- In 2004, he was first elected to the Lok Sabha from Amethi constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- On 24 September 2007, he was appointed the General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee.
- He was also given the charge of National Students Union of India and Indian Youth Congress.
- In the 2009 general elections, he retained his Lok Sabha seat from Amethi constituency.
- In January 2013, he was appointed as the Vice President of the Indian National Congress.
- He retained his Lok Sabha seat from Amethi constituency in the 2014 general elections.
- On 11 December 2017, he was elected the President of the Indian National Congress.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, he won a landslide victory from the Waynaad Constitution; However, he lost Amethi seat to BJP’s Smriti Irani
- He stepped down as Congress chief on 3 July 2019. Mr. Gandhi made the resignation public, in which he blamed himself for the 2019 Lok Sabha election defeat.
Rahul Gandhi’s professional background :
After his graduation, Rahul Gandhi worked for the Monitor Group in London for three years,
Which is the consulting firm of management guru Michael Porter.
After returning to India in late 2002, Rahul Gandhi became a director of technology outsourcing firm, Backop Services Private Limited is based in Mumbai.
DO YOU KNOW ?
Rahul Gandhi did not hold any position in the Indian National Congress until 2006.
He is often mocked on social media as ‘Pappu’. Once, former Cabinet Minister Venkaiah Naidu called him ‘Pappu Ji’ in the Lok Sabha. Since then, social media has trolled many of his names.
In December 2017, Rahul Gandhi was elected the President of the Indian National Congress. He was elected unopposed as no other candidate filed his nomination.
When Rahul Gandhi visited Singapore in 2018, the development of his government (in Congress regimes) was questioned by a journalist.
On 21 July 2018, during his speech in Parliament, he unexpectedly hugged PM Narendra Modi and turned to party colleagues.
He used the name “Raul Vinci” during his college days to keep his identity a secret.
ECONOMIC TIMES NEWS UPDATE : Click here
GOOGLE SEARCH : Click here
RAHUL GANDI TWITTER PROFILE : Click here
RAHUL GANDHI WIKIPEDIA : Click here
Thank you readers to give your precious time for reading this article , i hope you understand about the rahul gandhi life’s and inspire from his profile
if you like the post then , share with your friends and relatives
If you want biography on any personality , comment us on comment box ……Daily visit the website for getting more updates